While the channel originally broadcasted shows based off of pre-existing Disney franchises, it now usually shows preteen oriented sitcoms such as Hannah Montana and Shake it Up, as well as cartoons such as Phineas & Ferb and Fish Hooks. The channel also broadcasts many Disney movies.
During the morning hours of the channel, it would show preschool oriented programming under the Disney Junior brand (known as Playhouse Disney from 1997 until 2011), airing shows such as Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jake and the Neverland Pirates.
Recess was reran many times on Disney Channel, from 2002 to 2006, and then from 2008 to 2010. Disney has announced in a press release that the show will be reruning again, but they are still deciding whether it should be on Disney XD or Disney Channel.
- Toon Disney (1998-2009)
- Disney XD (2009)
- Disney Junior (Upcoming in 2012, to replace SOAPNet)
- Disney Cinemagic (2006) (UK only)
- Andrew Lawrence, the second voice of TJ, was the star of many Disney Channel Original Movies (DCOM) during the late `90s until the early 2000s. His last movie for the network (as of 2011) was Going to the Mat from 2004. Erik von Detton, the voice of Lawson, starred in the 1998 DCOM Brink!, and Myles Jeffrey, the third voice of TJ, starred in two DCOMS: Stepsister from Planet Wierd and Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire, both from 2000.
- The announcer for Playhouse Disney from 2001 to 2007 was Allyce Beasly, the voice of Miss Grotke.
- Recess was the most reran out of any show on One Saturday Morning on the channel.